Administrative Assistant and Events Coordinator
Posted: 14 August 2013
Executive Director of the VCDNP
Provides secretarial and clerical support to the Executive Director of the VCDNP for general office functions, accounting and facilities management and assists with the organization of Center's events and activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
General Office Management
- Manages main phone line and voice mail
- Maintains office correspondence
- Keeps office files
- Maintains contact with service providers and suppliers
- Orders and maintains stock of office supplies
- Maintains promotional materials in the conference room and entrance area
- Prepares and maintains calendar of the Center's events, seminars, staff travel and vacation schedule
- Handles mail
- Receives and processes maintenance requests from staff
- Handles intra-Center communications for events, seminars, and meetings
- Maintains office equipment
- Maintains contacts database
- Runs errands (post office, store)
- Handles petty cash
- Keeps control over billing of all services and purchases
- Processes vouchers, reimbursements, and some other day-to-day financial paperwork for the Center
- Compiles preliminary monthly and annual expense and revenue reports
- Corresponds with building superintendents and maintenance personnel
- Corresponds with cleaning personnel
- Assures that the facilities, including conference room, buffet area, copy room, and kitchenette are in top condition
- Maintains stock of kitchen supplies
Events Coordination and Management
- Creates and sends out event invitations via the Center's online event platform and ensures their posting on the VCDNP website
- Oversees registrations for events
- Manages e-mail list for event announcements and invitations
- Orders catering, plans menus, requests catering personnel for various events
- Manages event logistics including sound equipment rental and other technology
- Attends events to oversee and assist with on-site logistics
- Coordinates all components of events on-site including venue and facilities, speaker arrangements, seating arrangements, and advertising material
- Manages logistics of training courses including advertisement, application process, lodging and travel arrangements, catering, reception, and oversees on-site logistics
- Coordinates and assists with post-event duties including reports, billing, budget
- Collaborates with other institutions on co-organized events
- Maintains event archive and filing system and events calendar
Web Maintenance and Technology
- Ensures that the Center's web site is up to date, including announcements for events, staff information, job postings, and other relevant information
- Corresponds with the Center's web editor and web support staff regarding posts and updates
- Makes sure that all office equipment and computers are operational at all times, corresponds with IT support team
- Assists staff members with use of technology
- Participates in Center's activities such as receptions, conferences, briefings, seminars, etc.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
- Working knowledge of special event management, understanding of social etiquette, and a creative flair.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Self-starter, self-motivated, results-oriented with the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- High energy individual capable of handling multiple tasks with attention to detail and ability to prioritize.
- Excellent interpersonal and social skills with ability to interact with high level constituents.
- Employee characteristics must include highest of values regarding work ethics and honesty.
- Computer literacy to include MS Word, Excel, electronic mail and database management.
- Good working knowledge of German and English.
Education and Experience
A minimum of two years of administrative experience and/or event planning is desirable. College or university degrees are preferable but not mandatory.
The VCDNP maintains a smoke-free and drug-free workplace. This position requires light to moderate physical effort and the ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time.
Holidays: Austrian national holidays
Vacation: As specified in contract
37.5 hours per week (plus additional hours when required by school activities)
Salary is commensurate with experience and education.
To apply, please send your resume or C.V., cover letter, and other supporting documents to VCDNP, Donau-City-Strasse 6, 1220 Vienna, Austria or via email to email@example.com.
The application will remain open until the position is filled.