Areas of Research
Sitara Noor’s research focuses on nuclear security and non-proliferation in general. Currently, she is exploring Illicit trafficking of nuclear and other radioactive materials and nuclear policies and issues in South Asia.
Sitara joined the VCDNP as a Research Fellow in March 2016. Prior to joining the VCDNP, she worked at the Pakistan Nuclear Regulatory Authority under the Directorate of Nuclear Security and Physical Protection as an International Relations Analyst. She has been a faculty member at the National University of Modern Languages, Department of International Relations, for two years. She was also a visiting faculty at the National University of Science and Technology, the Foreign Services Academy of Pakistan and the Information Services Academy of Pakistan.
Noor is pursuing her MPhil in International Relations at the National Defence University, Islamabad. She holds a Masters in Defence and Strategic Studies from Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad.
- Noor, Sitara (2016), “CBM Fatigue“, The News, January 8, 2016.
- Noor, Sitara (2015), “The New Grand Bargain“, Daily Times, November 4, 2015
- Noor, Sitara (2015), “Cyber [In] Security: A Challenge to Reckon with” Strategic Studies, Volume 34, Number 2-3.
- Noor, Sitara (2012), “Nuclear Confidence Building Measures and Peace Making in South Asia” Strategic Studies, Volume XXXII, Number 2-3
- Noor, Sitara (2011), “Pakistan’s Nuclear Odyssey: A Historical Narrative” , Limes (July/August).